Latest! For the very latest news about Escape, view our Escape newsfeed.
The Escape Group was formed by a group of proactive parents from Spaldwick and surrounding villages who wanted to improve the facilities and activities for young people. As a result of their efforts, youth evenings have been offered from 2010 on every other Friday evening at Spaldwick School. Also, special events, such as film nights, the Connections Bus and ten pin bowling have been held. To get in contact with the Escape committee, please email email@example.com.
Register for our email alerts
To receive regular updates on the Escape group, and to ensure you never miss an Escape youth evening or special event, please enter your email address to receive our news by email.
If you are a Facebook user, we have our Escape Facebook page.
Escape youth nights every other Friday
The latest dates for the Spaldwick Escape youth nights are always shown on the Spaldwick diary page. They are held at Spaldwick School from 7 to 9pm. Admission is just £1 per person.
The youth nights have become a huge success. 2013 was a fantastic year for Escape, with the highest recorded attendance since we started in 2010, peaking at over 50 and averaging over 40.
If you or your child haven’t been before, we offer:
- a relaxed and safe environment
- computer games
- table games in the main school hall, including table tennis, snooker and table football
- craft activities and board games in the community room
- a very reasonably priced and well-stocked tuck shop.
Youth club sessions are run by our professional youth worker – Tony Evans – assisted by members of the Committee.
Special Escape events
In addition to the regular youth nights, we hold a number of exciting events throughout the year. Past events include:
- Spider Mountain in Spaldwick, which was a special child-friendly climbing tower that allowed youngsters to have lots of fun while climbing the many levels
- Connections Bus in Spaldwick, which had lots of fun activities onboard
- Paintballing day with Commando Elite at Monks Wood (thanks to funding from Young Lives)
- Ten pin bowling at Lakeside Lodge in Pidley
- film nights.
Spaldwick Escape needs your help!
We are searching for parents to help Tony and the Committee with running the youth club. We need additional help each week to run the tuck shop. This is a very important job - just ask any of our members! If a parent for each child attending youth club volunteered to help just once, we would have enough helpers to cover two years of youth club sessions. Unfortunately we don’t have this many volunteers but, if we had more parents willing to help just once, they would make a big difference to the running of the club.
If you can help, please either email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to one of the Committee members at the youth club.
The photograph on this page were provided by Mark Heath, and Mark Hunter from Creative Team Events.