Ickworth House is a country house situated outside Bury St. Edmund in Suffolk. Ickworth House is owned by the National Trust.
The National Trust describes Ickworth House as “a Georgian Italianate palace in an idyllic English landscape”.
Ickworth House, Park and Gardens hold many special events throughout the year.
Ickworth House is an unusual Georgian mansion. Its neoclassical structure is topped with the striking ‘Rotunda’, which is over 100 feet high.
Ickworth House was in the ownership of the Hervey family from the 15th century until 1956, when the house and park were given to the National Trust in 1956 in lieu of death duties. All members of the Hervey family were buried at Ickworth Church, which is located in the Park (a short walk from Ickworth House).
Ickworth House contains paintings from Gainsborough and many others artists, and houses a major collection of silverware. It also contains excellent examples of porcelain and Regency furniture.
Ickworth House sits within a park that extends to 1800 acres, with England’s earliest Italianate gardens, ancient oak trees and beautiful landscaped parklands.
There are many activities for children and adults alike.
For more information, please visit the official National Trust site by clicking on the link below:
The photo on this page was taken by Mark Heath and permission has been granted for its display by the National Trust.